Today’s Talkin’ About Thursday topic is “five things about you.” I wanted to join in, even though I have another post in the works for later tonight, because I have quite a few new readers who don’t know a lot about me. It’s hard to pick five things out of the air though! So, here goes.
1. I’ve always been a night owl. As much as I love sleep, I just can never make myself go to bed early. Working the 4-12 shift suited me well, even though it made it hard to get up with the kids in the morning. Now, I stay up nearly as late, have just as hard of time getting up but have no legitimate excuse for it!
2. I hate onions. A lot. I’ve expanded my food palate in the past few years but it is never ever going to include onions.
3. I love grocery shopping. Growing up, I hated grocery shopping with my mom. In college, I still hated grocery shopping. Now I love it. I love trying to see how much I can get for how little money by using coupons on sale items. I like reading labels to make the best choice for my family — all though I wish that wasn’t so necessary. That is part of the reason I’m trying to cook more this year, to avoid all the unpronounceable items in processed food, including MSG, which gives me terrible headaches.
4. I don’t swear. Well, I should say rarely. So rarely that when I do, my husband is literally scared. I remember the first time I said “Oh my God.” I was in eighth grade and someone had jumped out and scared me nearly to death. Once it came out that first time, I found it hard not to say again. And now my 3-year-old says it. I’m hoping he’ll stop if I just ignore it but his 5-year-old sister makes a big fuss every time he does. “Mo-om, Connor said ‘Oh my God.’ ” She’s such a tattle-tale.
5. I was a cheerleader in high school. For some reason, this surprises a lot of people. I also twirled baton, took and taught a variety of dance lessons, was in choir and theater and on the yearbook staff. I tried for two seasons to play softball, both slow and fast pitch, and it was a disaster. Before high school, I played clarinet and piano. I still can play piano but not often or particularly well.
So there you go. Random enough? Now it’s your turn. If you have a blog, write a post and leave your link at MyCup2Yours. If you don’t, leave your five things in the comments. I want to get to know you too.